UK Research and Innovation, through the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund, is investing up to £20 million in innovation projects which improve productivity and sustainability by developing enhanced decisions support, precision agriculture technology solutions and systems for crop and ruminant agriculture.
Productive and sustainable crop and ruminant agricultural systems is the first collaborative research and development (CR&D) call under the Transforming food production challenge
Consortia applications which include social sciences are invited for this call, which has two main areas of focus - productivity solutions to a single challenge, and supply chain solutions involving multiple interventions.
Projects can include:
- combining digital technologies and engineering solutions with biological, environmental or social science
- developing technologies and solutions that connect farms and supply chains
- transferring technology from another sector into agriculture, providing this requires innovation
How to apply
For full details, including how to apply, visit the Innovate UK website.
The briefing event which took place in Birmingham on 29 August 2018 is available to view:
- Closing date - 24 October 2018
- Applicants notified - 7 December 2018