JPI Urban Europe invites transdisciplinary and cross-sectoral communities of researchers and practitioners to create projects that align, synthesise or consolidate already existing knowledge on urban migration across disciplines on national and local levels.
The focus of this call is the ways that migration affects and is affected by the life and functioning of cities. With the aim of bringing together already existing knowledge on migration across disciplines on national and local level. The results from projects granted in this call should help to facilitate knowledge transfer and learning from different contexts, cities and countries to create greater engagement and understanding in migrant as well as host communities.
- Topic 1: Socio-spatial integration and citizen involvement
- Topic 2: Urban governance of housing issues
- Topic 3: Enhancing cities’ administrative capacities and supporting evidence-based integration policies (managing migration)
Partners must be an eligible UK Higher Education Institution or Independent Research Organisation. For further information, please see https://www.ukri.org/funding/how-to-apply/eligibility/.
Whilst inter-disciplinary / cross-Council proposals are welcomed, in order to be eligible for ESRC funding a significant part of the research proposed by UK partners must fall within the subject remit of the ESRC.
Full-proposals should be submitted via eCall electronic submission system (https://ecall.ffg.at)
A submission directly to ESRC is not required unless funded.
- Call opening - 17 December 2019
- Pre-proposal deadline - 2 April 2020, 12:00am CET
- Invitations to submit full proposal - May 2020
- Full proposal deadline - 4 September 2020
- Funding decisions announced - November 2020
- Start of projects - January 2021-March 2021
- Projects end (the latest) - January 2023