ESRC is commissioning a Research Methods Training Centre. The centre will have a focused remit on methods training and capacity building. It will be an integral piece of our research infrastructure and will be expected to develop, deliver, and coordinate training activity across the social sciences. More specifically, it will be responsible for:
- co-ordinating ESRC’s investment in research methods training
- putting in place a strategically informed and diverse programme of research methods training
- identifying, implementing and sharing good practice.
Applicants can apply for up to £3 million (100% fEC) for a period of five years. Costs should be calculated on a full economic costs (fEC) basis.
Due to the nature of this investment, we have expanded what costs can be claimed as Exceptions. Costs associated with academic staff will be funded in the usual way with ESRC contributing 80% of these costs and the remaining balance being guaranteed by the Research Organisation. All other costs are eligible to be claimed under Exceptions.
All proposals will be subject to ESRC’s funding rules as outlined in our Research Funding Guide.
- Call specification (PDF, 129Kb)
- Je-S guidance for submitting your expression of interest (PDF, 120Kb)
- Je-S guidance for submitting your proposal (PDF, 197Kb)
- FAQs (PDF, 60Kb)
All applicants must submit an expression of interest (EoI) form through the Joint Electronic Submission System (Je-S) no later than 16:00 on 29 November 2018.
Full proposals must be submitted via Je-S by 16:00 on 10 January 2019.
It is expected that the successful grant will commence on 1 October 2019.