These case studies aim to raise awareness of some of the ethics issues that can arise in research.
The case studies are listed below under a specific ethics issues category. However, the actual studies may cover a number of ethics issues and you are advised to look at other studies as these may also highlight issues that they are of your concern.
- Building trust and protecting identities
- Working with disabled young people
- Anonymity and consent in research with asylum seekers
Confidentiality and consent
- Research involving harm to participants
- Confidentiality of former patients
- Consent and anonymisation
- Longitudinal research in developing countries
- Life sciences in Asia
- Informed consent working with children internationally (Young Lives)
- Enabling data deposit
- Data sharing and informants' safety
- Ensuring data confidentiality
- Difficulties in depositing data