Nan Gall Energy Systems increased exports by £400,000 and expanded the customer base following a Knowledge Transfer Partnership with Robert Gordon University.
- Internet changes brought Nan Gall international interest, by providing a greater international presence
- Increased customer base has helped increase exports by £400,000
- The partnership has increased sales, particularly to new international customers
- Profit before tax has increased by an estimated £90,000 as a result
- Following implementation of the AIR Knowledge Base, the company has made new contacts in its target areas and has appointed agents to them.
"The KTP partnership has driven Nan Gall back into a lead position in the industry, and we are now actively pursuing profitable new markets from a fresh perspective and achieving a significant increase in sales and profit." (John MacArthur, Managing Director, Nan Gall Energy Systems Ltd)
About the research
Aberdeen-based Nan Gall Energy Systems Ltd designs, manufactures and supports a range of data acquisition tools within ‘cased hole’ oil wells, together with surface-based information hardware and software.
The company approached the Robert Gordon University for a Knowledge Transfer Partnership in order to redesign the company website for an international presence, increasing interest in products and services. There was also a need for a knowledge management system behind the website, to be used specifically for marketing tools to the oil and gas industries.
The KTP Associate successfully redesigned the company website to provide an international web presence. She also designed a marketing strategy for keeping customers updated on new developments and products. This led to the university’s development of the Accessible Information Roaming (AIR) Knowledge Base which has been linked to the company’s existing customer relationship management system.
Through the KTP, Nan Gall has developed ways of using the web and a knowledge management system to reach a new international audience, generating and holding customer interest for repeat visits to the website. The AIR Knowledge Base will give Nan Gall greater capability of identifying and pursuing potential contacts and customers.