This year's Festival of Social Science will take place from 3-10 November 2018. The call for applications is now open and will close at 17:00 on 1 June 2018. We will inform all applicants of the outcomes during the week commencing 9 July 2018.
Continuing on from previous years, we are working in partnership with universities across the country to produce local festivals. Please refer to the list of partners and if you are based at one of them, apply directly to them, via the contact given.
This year there is only one application form, with the option to select either applying for funding or applying for participation. Please ensure you select the correct option.
Guidance and resources for event organisers
- Application form
- Terms and conditions (please ensure you read before applying)
- Applicant guidelines
- Timetable and deadlines
- Festival FAQs
- Event organisers' guide (including tips on choosing a venue and publicising your event)
- Examples of previous events
- Evaluation reports on previous festivals
- Festival of Social Science 2017 evaluation infographic (PDF, 546Kb)