There will be five category winners, each receiving £150 in vouchers and a trophy. Runners up in each category will receive £50 in vouchers and a medal.
The overall winner will also receive £200 in vouchers and an additional trophy.
In addition, the judges will also pick their personal favourite and each winner will receive £50 in vouchers.
Where a winning entrant has specified a school, sixth form, further education college or youth group as part of their application, the organisation will also be in receipt of a prize:
- For each of the five category winners, the organisation will receive £150 in vouchers
- For each of the category runners up, the organisation will receive £50 in vouchers
- The overall winner's organisation will receive £200 in vouchers
- For each of the judge's personal favourites the organisation will receive £50 in vouchers.
The total prize fund is over £3,500.
All winning and shortlisted images will be displayed at an exhibition in the Espacio Gallery in London. The free exhibition will run from 26-30 March 2019. The photographers of all exhibited and winning images will be notified.
An awards ceremony and private viewing for the winning and exhibited photographers will take place at the Espacio Gallery, London on 26 March 2019. All winners will receive their invitation no later than 1 March 2019.
- Return travel costs for the winner and two parents or guardians to attend the event in London will be covered by the ESRC, subject to ESRC travel and subsistence guidelines.
- Return travel costs for one teacher / youth leader from each winning organisation will also be covered, subject to the same ESRC travel and subsistence guidelines.
All winning photographs will appear in the summer 2019 issue of ESRC's Society Now magazine.