Social media can provide effective and efficient ways to communicate your research.
Social media includes:
- social networking sites (eg Facebook and LinkedIn)
- blogging (eg WordPress) and microblogging (eg Twitter)
- video sharing sites (eg YouTube and Vine)
- photo sharing sites (eg Flickr and Pinterest)
- content collecting and curating (eg Storify and Scoop.it)
You could choose to use one or several of these resources, depending on the nature of your work and the time and resources you have available.