This town hall meeting was held on 7 February 2019.
UKRI is running a programme of UK based GCRF engagement events throughout February and March 2019. These events provide a timely opportunity to engage with the GCRF Challenge Leaders, for UKRI to provide an update on live and upcoming ODA calls/activities, and to discuss key topics e.g. interdisciplinary approaches, building equitable partnerships, and maximising impact.
ESRC will be administering several calls under the UKRI GCRF Collective Programme and hosted a town hall meeting as part of the GCRF engagement events to explain the ambitions of three of these calls:
- GCRF Education as a driver of Sustainable Development (network plus and research grants)
- GCRF Gender and intersectionality (network plus)
- GCRF Equitable resilience: ensuring resilience enhances the SDGs (research grants)
This event was open to anyone with an interest in the GCRF and development research opportunities. Please note that attendance at this event was not a pre-requisite for the submission of proposals to the calls.
- Funding opportunities (PDF, 1.4Mb) - Rob Felstead (UKRI)
- Equitable resilience (PDF, 126Kb)- ESRC, Professor Mark Pelling (KCL) and Dr John Rees (BGS)
- Education and gender network plus (PDF, 253Kb) - ESRC
- Experiences from GCRF funded research (PDF, 136Kb) - Professor Maureen Mackintosh (Open University)
- Experiences from GCRF funded network plus (PDF, 1.9Mb) - Professor Emma Crewe (SOAS)