Horizon 2020 aims at fully integrating Socio-economic Sciences and Humanities (SSH) in each of its pillars and specific objectives. In particular there are a number of opportunities within the societal challenges pillar where, in addition to the challenge 'Europe in a changing world - inclusive, innovative and reflective societies', SSH will be embedded across all challenges in the form of multidisciplinary, challenge focused research.
The societal challenges are:
- Health, demographic change and wellbeing
- Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine, maritime and inland water research, and the bio-economy
- Secure, clean and efficient energy
- Smart, green and integrated transport
- Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials
- Europe in a changing world - inclusive, innovative and reflective societies
- Secure societies - protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens.
2019 work programme information events dates available.