Major research funders in Europe and the Americas have decided to join forces to build a Trans-Atlantic Platform (T-AP) in order to create and establish effective and structured multi-lateral engagement between research funding agencies in Europe and the Americas. T-AP is a global first, representing a collaborative effort of key Humanities and Social Science funders on a scale not previously entertained. This Platform will break down the barriers to further co-operation between funders and also lead to heightening understanding of the contribution of Social Sciences and Humanities disciplines in a global context.
The key objectives of the Platform are:
- sharing of best practices
- coordinating existing activities
- building new relationships
- enhancing T-AP partners' abilities to fund international collaborative research
- promoting and supporting networking across disciplines, research areas and geographical areas
- enhance the quality, quantity and visibility of future action, including possible joint research agendas.