The ERA-NET Cofund Urban Accessibility and Connectivity (ENUAC) aims at creating and testing new solutions and approaches for sustainable urban mobility. With this shared ambition, 16 countries are pooling resources to implement a series of calls for research and innovation projects as well as accompanying measures to create highest impact. The joint calls and actions will focus on measures to improve urban accessibility and connectivity for all groups of society while moving towards more sustainable urban mobility systems.
Projects within this call are expected to be co-creative and have strong stakeholder participation already from the start. The research should be based on actual urban challenges and the results should lead to new approaches, tools, instruments, insights and knowledge that will bring stakeholders closer to sustainable urban accessibility and connectivity. The project results are expected to make a clear contribution to the realisation of relevant urban, regional, national and European transport policy objectives that can help cities, urban residents, communities, businesses and institutions make the most use of new developments in urban mobility.
JPI Urban Europe
Joint Programming Initiative Urban Europe was created in 2010 with the ambition to develop a European research and innovation hub on urban matters and create European solutions by means of coordinated research. The aim is to create attractive, sustainable and economically viable urban areas, in which European citizens, communities and their surroundings can thrive.
For further information, please visit https://jpi-urbaneurope.eu/calls/enuac/
The projects that will be granted funding should address the following challenges:
- Conceptualise an overarching approach on sustainable urban physical mobility and transport, land use and digital connectivity.
- Develop and support the implementation of innovative mobility systems and services with a potential to contribute to sustainable accessibility.
- Transform and re-organise urban spaces to pave the ground for sustainable urban mobility and accessibility.
- Making best use of the opportunities of integrating transport, spatial and digital systems whilst limiting vulnerability and enhance resilience.
- Develop innovative and effective policy options for achieving a shift towards more sustainable urban accessibility whilst ensuring quality, access and affordability.
- Change behaviours and perspectives towards sustainable, affordable, accessible and reliable urban accessibility and connectivity.