This call has now closed. The following is for information only.
We are pleased to invite proposals for a new Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Network Plus call. This call will have two separate thematic areas of focus, and applicants can apply to either distinct strand through this call. One theme will be Gender and Intersectionality and the other theme will be Education as a Driver of Sustainable Development.
GCRF is a £1.5 billion funding stream to support research which addresses the problems faced by developing countries. GCRF forms part of the UK's Official Development Assistance (ODA) commitment, and as such funding under this call will be awarded in a manner consistent with ODA guidelines.
The following funding is available for applications and we aim to fund one Network plus under each thematic area in this call:
- Gender and Intersectionality Network Plus - proposals of up to £4.75 million (UKRI contribution) and up to 48 months duration.
- Education as a Driver of Sustainable Development Network Plus – proposals of up to £4.75 million (UKRI contribution) and up to 36 months duration.
Proposals must be led by a researcher at an eligible UK research organisation and should be submitted through the research councils’ Joint Electronic Submission (Je-S) system.
Further information on the themes can be found within the call specification.
Expectations of a Network Plus
Each Network Plus will facilitate the development of partnerships between academics, NGOs, policymakers and practitioners in both the Global North and South, allowing for integrated and cross-cutting activities.
The Network Plus will undertake three core activities:
- Engagement and networking
- Synthesis of research outcomes
- Commissioning of small grants through a flexible fund.
How to apply
A short Expression of Interest (EOI) should be completed by those intending to submit to this call by 16:00 on 11 March 2019. All proposals must be submitted through the Je-S system by 16:00 on 11 April 2019. Grants are expected to start by 1 November 2019.
- Call specification (PDF, 136Kb) (updated 20 February 2019)
- Je-S guidance (PDF, 196Kb) (updated 20 February 2019)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (PDF, 168Kb) (updated 5 March 2019)
- Non UK costings guidance (PDF, 89Kb) (updated 20 February 2019)
- OECD DAC list
For any queries, please refer to the FAQs document above in the first instance. Questions not answered in the FAQs can be emailed to email@example.com