UK Research & Innovation (UKRI) is inviting applications for the role of UK Clean Air Champion. The Clean Air: Analysis & Solutions programme is supported through the Strategic Priorities Fund (SPF) and will be jointly delivered by Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), the Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC), the Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), the Medical Research Council (MRC) and Innovate UK on behalf of UKRI, and the Met Office and the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) on behalf of the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
The Champion will act as thought leader, flag bearer and strategy owner for the Clean Air research programme. The successful candidate will be provided with 36 months' worth of funding to consult with the wider research and user communities to further develop the Clean Air programme and link with other relevant activities. They will then be responsible for working with the academic, innovation and Met Office community to drive integration of research across the programme. The Champion will provide leadership on the interaction of the programme with the user community, as involvement with these stakeholders from the outset will be important to delivery of the programme.
The Champion role will be to:
- ensure alignment across the portfolio of research
- promote knowledge exchange across the programme and to all relevant communities
- ensure linkages to user community including business and practitioners
- ensure linkages to governmental policy requirements
- ensure linkages to international efforts
- raise the profile of the programme in all relevant communities
- coordinate monitoring and evaluation activities
- provide reporting as required and maintain overview of data management for the programme where relevant, establish awareness and links to the wider SPF portfolio of programmes and other research in this area
- provide advice and recommendations to the Programme Board regarding the scope of any subsequent calls
- participate in the Steering Committee
Closing date for proposals: 16:00 on 14 February 2019
Full information and how to apply can be found on the NERC UK Clean Air Champion webpage.