Important note: For data analysis purposes, we ask that applicants do not include the words ‘Cov-19’, ‘Covid-19’ or ‘Coronavirus’ in the Lay Summary, Technical Summary or Title sections unless the application relates to proposed research in this area.
This guidance is for anyone who wishes to apply for ESRC funding. You can find application details for individual funding opportunities in the funding opportunities section.
Research Funding Guide
Our Research Funding Guide provides information on: the type of funding opportunities we offer; eligibility for funding; our expectations; how to apply; what costs our grants cover; how proposals are assessed and what happens successful proposals.
Before you prepare a proposal
- Is my research suitable for ESRC funding?
- Research ethics
- Impact, innovation and interdisciplinarity
- Intellectual assets and intellectual property
Writing and submitting a proposal
- How to write a good research grant application
- Je-S electronic applications - all research proposals must be submitted through the Joint Electronic Submission system (Je-S)
- Inclusion of UK business, third sector or government body co-investigators on proposals
- Resubmissions policy
International collaboration information for UK applicants
- Bilateral agreements
- Inclusion of international co-investigators on proposals
- International Common Application Process (ICAP)