The first Green Great Britain (GB) Week will take place 15-19 October 2018.
This is a Government-led week and UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) is a key partner, with a number of events and activities planned across the country. The aim of Green GB Week is to engage us all with the importance of tackling climate change and ensuring clean growth.
Businesses and universities are vital in driving the innovation we need for clean growth, from developing the technology to charge electric vehicles more quickly and researching long-term renewable energy solutions to identifying opportunities to reduce plastic waste.
Each day of Green GB Week has a specific theme:
- Monday: UK leadership on climate science
- Tuesday: Clean growth and innovation
- Wednesday: Clean investment and the low carbon economy
- Thursday: Clean growth as a business opportunity, new business and job opportunities
- Friday: Climate action in communities
The Green GB Week events are a chance to learn about how clean growth is helping to provide new job opportunities, grow our economy for the benefit of us all and help tackle climate change for a cleaner, green future.
Visit the UKRI website for full details of UKRI-led events and activities.